Welecom To DotsTerrainGrid
DotsTerrainGrid is a terrain-specific run-time solution that effectively reduces the render batch and the total number of render vertices, and improves the running efficiency.All of the features provided are intended for runtime and are available out of the box and all you have to do is just add a conversion script.
1. Runtime divides the terrain into the same size unit grid.All the terrain grids uses the same mesh automatically generated by the program as well as the same material, so the theoretical memory consumption of a single grid is zero.
2. Configurable mesh LOD.configuring LOD effectively reduces the total number of rendered vertices on the screen at the same time.
3. The mesh itself contains skirt edges, which are used to eliminate possible terrain cracks by switching the LOD grid.
4. Use a sampling scheme based on vertex-pixel alignment.The vertex normals and positions are directly written to the sampling texture through the forecast calculation to avoid the real-time calculation of the normals.
5. Shader All content is made through shadergraph, which means that it is very easy to modify and customize, and you can add personalized content to that basis.
6. Collider dynamic management system.The Dots colliders are generated or destroyed by default according to the distance of the grid from the main camera.The generation of the collider does not block the main thread.
7. Support for object-oriented Collider.If you don't want to convert the entire game world to Dots, you can choose to generate object-oriented Colliders.
8. Increase or reduce part of the terrain height during runtime.You can choose the sizes and different shapes of the influence range.
9.Generate or fill holes in the terrain at runtime.Holes are generally used to produce underground worlds such as tunnels.The system handles the colliders synchronously when the holes are generated or filled.
10. Add graffiti to the terrain during runtime.You can copy a part of the specified map to the specified area of the terrain.
11. Provide all source codes.